Eat well, stay well: a healthy meal in 20 minutes
In today’s world, where time is precious and convenience is essential, it can be challenging to cook fresh, nutritious and exciting meals after a hard day at work.
Watch and learn as Registered Dietitian, Marie-Maxime Bergeron prepares a quick-and-easy meal using healthy and accessible ingredients.
Mediterranean chicken with quinoa tabouleh
- 1 cup (200g) quinoa
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika, plus extra to sprinkle
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 100g low-fat thick Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 180g chicken breast fillets
- Place the quinoa and 600ml water in a small saucepan over medium heat, and then bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well and leave to cool.
- Add herbs, tomato and onion to quinoa and toss to combine. Combine oil, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp paprika, cumin, Cayenne and sugar, salt and pepper, reserve.
- Place yoghurt in a bowl and drizzle over 2 tsp dressing, then sprinkle with some paprika. Toss salad in remaining dressing.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Mix oil and remaining paprika, season, then brush over chicken.
- Grill for 7-8 minutes each side until cooked through. Serve sliced with salad and yoghurt.
With the leftovers, you can make a delicious chicken, mango, avocado and lettuce wrap for lunch the next day.
Maintaining a healthy, well-balanced diet can be a challenge with a hectic schedule and multiple personal and family demands. Take advantage of expert advice from Shepell·fgi’s Nutrition Support Services. Registered Dietitians can assist with weight loss, reducing cholesterol levels and high blood pressure, healthy eating on the go, and more through diet.
For more healthy ideas, call 1 866 833-7690.
Tags: chicken recipes, healthy eating